Business and Organisational Psychology with Professional ExperienceMain Site
How easy or difficult is to apply to this course? Do you want to know your chances of being accepted?
Rank: 54 (TCUG)
Location: Main Site
Study mode full-time
Start Date: 2020/09/01
Duration: 20 months
Intl fees: £16700
Sign up to see the offers/rejections of all applicants to this university
Ranking and student feedback
The Complete University Guide
Coventry University evaluation:
13.9 : 1
Business and management studies evaluation:
Coventry University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
This professionally accredited course provides an applied and theoretical basis for evidence-based Business and Organisational practice. A sophisticated understanding and strategic insight will be developed into how Business and Organisational Psychology aids the understanding of personnel selection and recruitment, consumer behaviours, employee motivation and engagement, leadership in practice, and the impact of globalisation on organisational behaviours. It aims to equip you with the expert knowledge required to develop your skills in workplace wellbeing, personnel assessment and job-related effectiveness at an organisational, supervisory and individual level.You will be taught by academics, many of whom benefit from practitioner experience either as a Business Psychologist or through consultancy-based work, which has previously included organisations like Royal Bank of Scotland, West Midlands Fire Service and Ricoh UK. Many are research-active too, bringing cutting-edge knowledge in work-life balance, emotional resilience, stress management and well-being into the classroom, providing the opportunity for students to collaborate on applied projects. Existing projects have ranged from the development of psychometric tests to looking at the impact of technology on work-life issues.If you choose the With Professional Experience' route, you will gain substantive professional experience and have the option of applying for an internship with a host of different organisations or participate in supervised, campus-based projects. Internships are being organised within the University Organisational Development Unit, as well as with public health agencies, schools, forensic science laboratories, the NHS, police, prison service and various charities.Key Course Benefits
- Dedicated consumer psychology module, which provides a critical understanding of applied marketing and advertising practice.
- Attend professional business conferences, such as the National Work and Wellbeing Conference or the Workplace Sustainability Conference.
- Opportunity to develop an entrepreneurial business idea through a literature review and business plan, from stress management and coaching to resilience measures for organisations.
- £;60m refurbishment of Health and Life Sciences facilities includes new specialist teaching facilities in the Richard Crossman building: light and dark multisensory laboratories and mock' prison cells, to complement the existing mock hospital ward and operating theatre.
- Regular expert guest lecturers from practising Business Psychologists and staff from the University Research Centres, including the Centre for Advances in Behavioural Science. Recent topics have covered returning to the workplace after cancer, occupational health in action, stress management theory and practice.
2.2 honours degree in Psychology, Business, Science or Social Sciences. Any applications that do not meet these requirements will be considered on an individual basis.
IELTS: 6.5 (no component lower than 5.5)
Notice: This score might not be totally accurate. It is the default IELTS grade for Coventry University, Business and management studies .
About this university
Around one quarter of students at the university travel from outside the UK and their first point of contact is the International Students Hub. This offers a wide range of information and advice to help adjust to their new environment and integrate with the larger community. There is help for matters such as healthcare and accommodation advice as well as support services and even help with English, if this isn't their first language. The Students Union is both a charity and representative organisation for the students at Coventry. They are based in The Hub and support more than 100 sport clubs and societies as well as an advice centre and volunteering department. The union owns a nightclub on Far Gosford Street and there is a student run radio station called Source Radio. Sports teams play in a number of sports as well as in annual competitions against neighbouring University of Warwick. The societies cover all areas of life to bring together people with the same interests and students can even apply to start their own should they find a space for their interest. These range from cultural and international groups to faith societies and music and performance groups as well as politics and special interests.