Advanced Engineering Management (with Specialist Pathways)Edgbaston Campus
How easy or difficult is to apply to this course? Do you want to know your chances of being accepted?
Rank: 13 (The Complete University Guide)
Location: Edgbaston Campus
Study mode full-time
Start Date: 2021/09/01
Duration: 12 months
Sign up to see the offers/rejections of all applicants to this university
Ranking and student feedback
University of Birmingham has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
The Advanced Engineering Management Programme (AEMP) is delivered jointly by the School of Engineering and the Birmingham Business School, combining the expertise and strengths of both schools to offer a high quality, distinctive and flexible course.The programme introduces students to core management concepts in semester one before selecting one of four specialist pathways in semester two. Students also have the opportunity to choose a mixed pathway route, tailoring the course to their requirements.Specialist pathways:
- Construction Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Systems Management
- Developed to address the challenges faced by engineering graduates who move into general management or senior specialist roles, this innovative new programme will allow students to draw on the specialist expertise of both Birmingham Business School and the School of Engineering within the University of Birmingham.
- The flexibility this programme offers will allow students to specialise in a pathway most suited to their skills and career aspirations, or undertake a generalist route that will instil a broader insight into engineering management.
- Birmingham Business School is a global centre of teaching and research excellence, holding the ‘Triple Crown' of international accreditations: AMBA, EQUIS and the AACSB.
- The MSc programmes in the School of Engineering are rooted in high-quality teaching and learning through enquiry-based and independent study, producing high calibre graduates equipped with the skills to excel in technical management.
- Students will benefit from our established links with industry, which can be utilised during the dissertation projects and form a solid networking base for prospective careers.
Entry requirements will be a minimum 2.1 BEng (Hons) or equivalent from a recognised institution. Applicants with professional qualifications and work experience would also be considered on a case-by-case basis, as well as applicants with BSc (Hons) degrees in Physical Sciences and Technology based subjects. Business School English language requirements apply (IELTS 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band).
IELTS: 7.0 (All over 6.5)
Notice: This score might not be totally accurate. It is the default IELTS grade for The University of Birmingham.
About this university
The International Students Advisory Service (ISAS) is available for all international students attending the university to provide support and advice across a number of areas. These include matters such as visas and immigration, living and working in the UK and workshops for students outside the classroom. They are also available to help with matters such as students bringing families with them and organising social events around the country to make the most of their time in Birmingham. The University of Birmingham Guild of Students is the students union of the university, which has its origins in the guild of undergraduates dating back to the 1870s. It supports some 180 clubs and societies across a range of subjects and interests from sports and arts to volunteering as well as representing students in various ways. The university ranks in the top five in the BUCS league of British universities.