- Talk to us on LINE
13.4 : 1
- The University of Glasgow has been delivering world-class engineering education and research since 1840.
- Biomedical Engineering is the newest division of the School of Engineering, bringing together our long-standing expertise. Research covers four themes: Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Bionanotechnology, Rehabilitation Engineering, Biosensors and Diagnostics.
- Biomedical Engineering has strong clinical links to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. Medical device regulations for this MSc are taught by practitioners from the local NHS Medical Devices Unit.
- Students can access the world-leading James Watt Nanofabrication facilities through the optional Nanofabrication course.
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering (which Biomedical Engineering is part of in rankings) at Glasgow is ranked 5th in the UK and 1st in Scotland (Complete University Guide 2020).
- The School has an Athena Swan Bronze Award, demonstrating the school's commitment to supporting women in scientific studies and careers, and to improving the working environment for all.
- Accreditation from IPEM, IMEchE and IET will be applied for following the first graduating cohort.
Medical Devices EngineeringUniversity of Glasgow
How easy or difficult is to apply to this course? Do you want to know your chances of being accepted?
Location: University of Glasgow
Study mode full-time
Start Date: 2021/09/01
Duration: 12 months
Intl fees: £24540
Ask us about COVID-19 and applications.
Sign up to see the offers/rejections of all applicants to this university
Ranking and student feedback
(Medicine and surgery)
University of Glasgow evaluation:
Medicine and surgery evaluation:
The MSc in Medical Devices Engineering is aimed at students who have undergraduate degrees in various branches of engineering and wish to apply their background knowledge and skills to the development of medical devices. The programme is interdisciplinary bringing in and developing both engineering knowledge and the biomedical applications of this knowledge. The programme will equip graduates for immediate employment within the biomedical engineering sector, both in the UK and internationally. Device regulatory aspects and biomedical ethics will be taught as underpinnings to the engineering and biomedical elements.WHY THIS PROGRAMME
For the latest information on fees and scholarships, please talk to our counselors.
A 2.1 equivalent degree (GPA 3.0) in any Engineering Discipline or Physical Sciences/Maths degree that contians the core modules: maths. Applicants with a high 2.2 equivalent degree classification but 2:1 standard marks in core modules may be considered for entry.
IELTS: 6.5 (no sub less than 6)
Notice: This is the default IELTS grade for University of Glasgow.
About this university
Students travel from around the world to study at the university and its website has country-specific information available. The International Student Support Team is a dedicated advisory service to help students on a range of subjects including immigration, finding employment and dealing with financial matters. For those to whom English isnâ€™t a first language there is also English language courses available through the University Language Centre who also provide language support during the length of study. Student life is organised differently at Glasgow than many universities meaning there isnâ€™t a single student association but rather a number covering different areas. There are two separate studentâ€™s unions, dating from the times when one was for male students and the other for female, called the Glasgow University Union (GUU) and the Queen Margaret Union (QMU). There is also a Students Representative Council that is the legal body representing studentsâ€™ interests in the university and in wider terms. The two unions organise a number of social and cultural groups and events including providing facilities for debating, dining, socialising and meeting rooms. Sports are handled by the Glasgow University Sports Association (GUSA) that operates both sports clubs as well as fitness classes and drop in sessions.