- Talk to us on LINE
13.4 : 1
- 1st in the UK for Dentistry (Complete University Guide 2021).
- Learn through an in-depth, evidence based, critical approach about specialising in a particular area oral disease pathogenesis or infection control and decontamination.
- Learn from staff who are internationally experienced researchers and academics with both clinical and science backgrounds and are experts in biofilm infections, oral inflammation and infection control.
- A long tradition of excellence in Oral Sciences at the University of Glasgow, with pioneering research by MacFarlane, Samaranayake and Bagg, and other current Glasgow academics continuing to make important contributions to the field of Oral Sciences.
- Pursue and further your career in oral and dental related occupations, as well as a laboratory scientist or an academic.
- A range of transferable skills are integrated and embedded into this programme, which will improve possibilities in the job market.
- Undertake research alongside pre and post-doctoral researchers.
- Learn to work as a team and improve technical skills and communication.
- Receive first-hand experience within a dedicated oral sciences research laboratory infrastructure linked directly to clinical research facilities.
Oral SciencesUniversity of Glasgow
How easy or difficult is to apply to this course? Do you want to know your chances of being accepted?
Location: University of Glasgow
Study mode full-time
Start Date: 2021/09/01
Duration: 12 months
Intl fees: £19350
Ask us about COVID-19 and applications.
Sign up to see the offers/rejections of all applicants to this university
Ranking and student feedback
(Biology and life sciences)
University of Glasgow evaluation:
Biology and life sciences evaluation:
This MSc programme is designed to provide students with an in-depth working knowledge of the principles and practice related to Oral Sciences. The major strength of this programme, and what sets its apart from other Oral Sciences based MSc programmes offered in the UK, is its focus on research. You will gain a wealth of theoretical and practical knowledge related to Oral Sciences research and spend time in the laboratories conducting your own research project under the direction of internationally renowned members from the Oral Sciences Research Group located within Glasgow Dental School. Students will experience and participate in cutting edge research within the theme while learning techniques widely relevant to biomedical sciences.WHY THIS PROGRAMME
For the latest information on fees and scholarships, please talk to our counselors.
You are required to have a BSc (2.2), BDS or medical degree, or a nursing degree (general or dental).
IELTS: 6.5 (no sub less than 6)
Notice: This is the default IELTS grade for University of Glasgow.
About this university
Students travel from around the world to study at the university and its website has country-specific information available. The International Student Support Team is a dedicated advisory service to help students on a range of subjects including immigration, finding employment and dealing with financial matters. For those to whom English isnâ€™t a first language there is also English language courses available through the University Language Centre who also provide language support during the length of study. Student life is organised differently at Glasgow than many universities meaning there isnâ€™t a single student association but rather a number covering different areas. There are two separate studentâ€™s unions, dating from the times when one was for male students and the other for female, called the Glasgow University Union (GUU) and the Queen Margaret Union (QMU). There is also a Students Representative Council that is the legal body representing studentsâ€™ interests in the university and in wider terms. The two unions organise a number of social and cultural groups and events including providing facilities for debating, dining, socialising and meeting rooms. Sports are handled by the Glasgow University Sports Association (GUSA) that operates both sports clubs as well as fitness classes and drop in sessions.