Environmental Assessment and ControlKedleston Road Campus
How easy or difficult is to apply to this course? Do you want to know your chances of being accepted?
Rank: 99 (The Complete University Guide)
Location: Kedleston Road Campus
Study mode full-time
Start Date: 2022/01/01
Duration: 12 months
Intl fees: £14700
Sign up to see the offers/rejections of all applicants to this university
Ranking and student feedback
University of Derby has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Choose a route to suit you: our MSc is ideal for recent graduates seeking a full-time postgraduate course and for mature students already in employment wanting to balance part-time studies with work commitments.Our innovative MSc focuses on how to prevent and control the contamination of land and freshwater. With its strong emphasis on applying scientific knowledge to real-world problems, it offers you the chance to specialise in an increasingly important environmental field.
- Study on a course which is recognised for high professional standards: our MSc is accredited by the Institution of Environmental Sciences
- Gain a specialist qualification to advance your career with government bodies, local authorities, consultancies and industry in the UK and overseas
- Gain an in-depth and holistic understanding of policies and strategies to assess, prevent, manage and control land and freshwater contamination
- Apply your knowledge to real-world situations and evaluate the outcomes to make effective strategic decisions
- Undertake work placements with employers in a range of settings for practical-based training and practitioner-based learning
- Learn from an expert teaching team who conduct crucial research and consultancy work on environmental themes
- Embark on a pathway towards becoming a Chartered Environmentalist or Chartered Scientist
- Choose a route to suit you: our MSc is ideal for recent graduates seeking a full-time postgraduate course and for mature students already in employment wanting to balance part-time studies with work commitments
Entry requirements for UK students: You will usually need either an honours degree in a related scientific subject (at least second class) or equivalent experience Entry requirements for EU/international students: International students should have the above or an international equivalent. If English is not your first language, you will need to hold IELTS 6.0 or above.
IELTS: 6.5 (6.5)
Notice: This score might not be totally accurate. It is the default IELTS grade for University of Derby.
About this university
Students travel from some 100 countries to study at the university so there is plenty of assistance on hand to help them settle in. As well as the information on the website including the application process and requirements, there is also an International Student Centre that offers support and assistance while living in the UK. they can help with matters as diverse as finding somewhere to live, getting a bank account, being available to help students get around when they first arrive give advice and support during their studies. They can also help with matters such as immigration and visas as well as bringing family with them to Derby. The Student Union in the university is based within the Atrium, a large concourse on the Kedleston Road area that includes a bookshop, the student union shop, student employment office as well as other features and some accommodation options. It is used for social and private events as well as being the site of the student run radio station. Further union operates facilities are found around the Union Quarter, including a bar and live entertainment venue and a coffee shop. The union also offers support and guidance for students on a range of academic and no-academic matters as well as organising the sports and interest clubs and societies. There are over 50 of these ranging from music to politics and theatre to cocktails and cake baking. There are also many that are cultural or faith based for those seeking to learn about a new area or to meet those with the same background as they have. Then there are the sports, which come under the heading of the Athletics Union and number around forty. These include team and individual sports as well as water sports, outdoor activities and even martial arts. All take part in the BUCS leagues against other universities and colleges from around the country.