Constitutional Politics, Law and TheoryMain Site
排名: 75 (UKEAS)
地點: Main Site
課程長度: 12 months
Birkbeck, University of London最特別的地方事他的課程都在晚間進行，學生於是有了充足的白天時間可以安排，可以工作，或是充分感受倫敦的脈動。如果您對這間學校有興趣，歡迎來找我們的顧問聊聊！
Birkbeck, University of London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
This unique Master's degree in law reflects the traditional neglect of constitutionalist approaches to politics in Britain - something which is now changing fast. As the utopia of the end of history' falters, the rhetoric of security and risk, of crisis in the relation between financial markets and sovereign states, of perpetual war, and of corruption in politics brings about a relentless desire for law and constitutional reform. These expectations, however, are often at odds with the way contemporary social and political theories, and a growing number of constitutional law specialists, conceptualise the sphere of the political.The focus is on two related but distinct processes: the crisis of law and the shift towards exceptional modes of state power; and the demand that law mitigates manifold crises. Questions are raised about law as solution, about its role in the violent imposition of liberal social and market relations, and whether or not we may be able to imagine a different sort of crisis, a different relation between law and the future.This programme adopts a critical, interdisciplinary approach and gives equal weight to theory and comparative case studies from across the world.HIGHLIGHTS
- Studying the interrelation of law and politics requires, by definition, an interdisciplinary and critical approach - the Birkbeck School of Law specialises in this kind of approach.
- In the latest Research Excellence Framework we were ranked in the top 10 for research intensity in the UK and top three in London, while our research environment was judged conducive to producing research of the highest quality.
- Our School is an internationally recognised centre for critical and interdisciplinary legal research. It provides an exciting and innovative environment for a wide range of research with a strong theoretical and policy focus, and our academic staff have valuable experience of constitutionalist politics in regions across the globe. The School is the home of Birkbeck Law Press and publishes Law and Critique: The International Journal of Critical Legal Thought.
- We use technology, such as electronic learning environments, to enhance teaching and learning. Birkbeck Library has an extensive collection of books, journals and electronic resources in law and related disciplines such as economics, politics and sociology. You can also take advantage of the rich research collections nearby, including those of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, Senate House Library, the British Library of Political and Economic Science (LSE Library) and the British Library.
- Candidates with an outstanding academic record who demonstrate high potential for strong performance on one of our Master's degrees can apply for School of Law Postgraduate Fee Awards.
Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification. A second-class honours degree in law or a related discipline. If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, the requirement for this course is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 7.0, with not less than 6.5 in each of the sub-tests.
IELTS: 6.5 (not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests)
請注意：此成績僅為 Birkbeck, University of London.