Civil and Water EngineeringMain Site - Cardiff
排名: 30 (The Complete University Guide)
地點: Main Site - Cardiff
課程長度: 12 months
本週主持人Tim Greenwood將專訪Cardiff大學國際辦公室專員Mr Jon Wright. Jon介紹卡地夫、威爾斯城堡、大學頂尖的課程，以及為什麼卡地夫是台灣學生的好選擇。
Cardiff University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
In recent years, there has been a growing world-wide concern about environmental water management issues, including concerns about coastal and estuarine water pollution, river flooding and urban drainage, wetland and mangrove management, and ecological aspects of lakes and reservoirs, to mention but a few. In addressing these and other environmental challenges, engineers and environmental managers are using sophisticated numerical models for predicting complex hydrodynamic, water quality and sediment transport processes. These models are increasingly complemented with decision support software systems and a wide range of related hydroinformatics software tools.The MSc in Civil and Water Engineering will offer you the knowledge and expertise that you need for a career as a consulting water engineer within this specialist professional area of civil engineering. The course aims to complement a relevant undergraduate degree by introducing you to hydroinformatics, computational hydraulics and environmental hydraulics, including water quality indicators and sediment transport processes in coastal, estuarine and inland waters.The MSc is aimed at graduates in Civil Engineering, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences and Bio-Sciences. Good mathematical skills are an advantage. The degree programme is also aimed at engineers/scientists working in relevant areas wishing to upgrade or refresh their qualifications.Distinctive features:
- The School of Engineering received the highest rating in the UK for its research and its research impact in the Government's latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014).
- The course lecturers have considerable experience of working on a wide range of practical environmental hydraulics project and their models have been mounted by over 35 companies for over 80 world-wide EIA projects and by over 45 universities in 17 countries.
- This course is accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation, and the Institute of Highway Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
- Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation (CIHT)
- Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE)
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
請注意：此成績僅為 Cardiff University.
There is plenty of help and advice on offer to students who are travelling from outside the UK to study in Cardiff. This includes information on immigration and visas, with the main website having advice for each individual country. There is also help regarding fees and funding and even how to apply for the university. Once students are committing to attending, there is help to prepare for their time in Cardiff as well as assistance once they arrive. There is also an International Student Support service dedicated to the welfare of students travelling from abroad. They can help with matters such as getting into employment, changing studies and for those bringing families with them. Cardiff University Students Union is the representative of the student body as well as being in charge of the various organisations and clubs on offer. Their building is found near the Cathays railway station and the union also operates a nightclub, radio station and student newspaper. Other services provided include cafes, bars and shops. There are some 150 clubs and societies to get involved with outside the classroom. All offer everything from complete beginners to experienced levels and range from debating societies, volunteering opportunities to student media and other arts. In the sports arena, there are some 60 competitive and non-competitive sports clubs, most of whom take part in the BUCS leagues.