Sustainability Planning and Environmental PolicyCathays Park Campus
排名: 30 (The Complete University Guide)
地點: Cathays Park Campus
課程長度: 12 months
本週主持人Tim Greenwood將專訪Cardiff大學國際辦公室專員Mr Jon Wright. Jon介紹卡地夫、威爾斯城堡、大學頂尖的課程，以及為什麼卡地夫是台灣學生的好選擇。
Cardiff University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
The MSc Sustainability Planning and Environmental Policy will provide you with knowledge and understanding of sustainability theory, principles and practice. You will gain insights into the ways in which problems are defined, and the scope for applying cutting-edge policy and planning solutions to the environmental challenges faced by government, business and regulatory bodies.The course is aimed at those wishing to gain expertise on contemporary sustainability issues. It links together theoretical debates about sustainability at different spatial scales with the practical dimensions of policy formulation and implementation. The planning system is given particular attention because it provides one of the most sophisticated mechanisms for regulating environmental change. A further core feature of the course is the focus on the latest social science research around environmental problems.The course address three key dimensions:
- Principles and processes - how policies may (or may not) achieve more sustainable development;
- Resource sector studies - comparative and in-depth analysis of sustainability issues in key economic sectors (including food, transport and housing);
- Research training - the development of sustainability and planning research skills.
- Scope to focus on environmental problems and environmental policy in a range of sectors, including planning, food/agriculture, transport and housing.
- This course is recognised by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) as a 'specialist' masters, allowing those who have completed a three year RTPI recognised undergraduate spatial planning degree to complete the RTPI's educational requirements for membership.
- Accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), allowing completion of the educational requirement for RICS membership.
請注意：此成績僅為 Cardiff University.
- Town Planning Institute, Royal
There is plenty of help and advice on offer to students who are travelling from outside the UK to study in Cardiff. This includes information on immigration and visas, with the main website having advice for each individual country. There is also help regarding fees and funding and even how to apply for the university. Once students are committing to attending, there is help to prepare for their time in Cardiff as well as assistance once they arrive. There is also an International Student Support service dedicated to the welfare of students travelling from abroad. They can help with matters such as getting into employment, changing studies and for those bringing families with them. Cardiff University Students Union is the representative of the student body as well as being in charge of the various organisations and clubs on offer. Their building is found near the Cathays railway station and the union also operates a nightclub, radio station and student newspaper. Other services provided include cafes, bars and shops. There are some 150 clubs and societies to get involved with outside the classroom. All offer everything from complete beginners to experienced levels and range from debating societies, volunteering opportunities to student media and other arts. In the sports arena, there are some 60 competitive and non-competitive sports clubs, most of whom take part in the BUCS leagues.