Bar Training CourseMain Site
排名: 54 (The Complete University Guide)
地點: Main Site
課程長度: 12 months
Manchester Metropolitan University 致力於讓學生了解自己的潛能，激勵學生完成心中的夢想，學校建立於19世紀初，歷史悠久，但同時不失先進氛圍。如果您對這間學校有興趣，歡迎來找我們的顧問聊聊！
Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Our Bar Training Course offers a vital step in your journey towards joining the Bar, with everything from our learning technology to our academic team created to give you the expertise and experience you'll need to pursue a future as a Barrister.It's a course rooted in real experiences. On one hand, you'll have plenty of face-to-face teaching time, ensuring you get every opportunity to learn from a team that includes seasoned Barristers, Solicitors and Deputy District Judges, together with internationally renowned researchers and scholars. On the other, with our innovative professional practice unit, you'll be prepared for the demands of the Bar, under the mentorship of a practising Barrister. We have a long-standing history of delivering Bar training in Manchester. Combined with the strong links we've built with the legal profession, both locally and across the Northern Circuit, this is a very professionally-focused course. Put simply, if you want to get onto the path to practice, this is an ideal environment for developing the resilience, confidence and leadership you'll need to thrive at the Bar.Features and Benefits
- Specialist facilities for Bar students apply your skills in a realistic environment with our specialist facilities including chambers rooms, a legal library and mock court room.
- Flexible study with full-time, part-time and flexible study options, you can take this course over one year or up to five years, letting you fit your studies around your commitments and plans.
- Additional Professional Programme (APP) bridge the gap between student and professional life and prepare for the Bar. Develop your CV by attending regular guest lectures and doing pro bono work.
- Explore professional practice with a unit focused on building professional skills, you'll explore the realities of working at the Bar with the mentoring support of a practising Barrister.
- A legal hub Manchester has a dynamic legal sector, at the heart of the Northern Circuit of the Bar, home to a wide range of well-respected law firms.
- Professional lecture series - bridge the gap between student and professional life and prepare for the Bar, with regular guest lectures offering insight from seasoned professionals.
- Supportive community - the student Law Society brings together students from all stages of legal study for networking, guest lectures and social events.
To be considered for a place on this course, you will normally have to satisfy two criteria: You will hold an LLB degree or have completed the GDL course. You will have obtained a pass in the Bar Aptitude Test. Bar students are selected primarily on academic ability and must have been awarded at least a 2:2 at first degree level, or international equivalent, although factors such as commitment to the profession, motivation and other skills will also be considered. All offers are subject to the condition that students successfully complete the academic stage of their training to the Bar Standards Board's satisfaction and have enrolled as a student member of one of the Inns of Court. Please note that from July 2021 requirements for being called to the Bar by an Inn of Court will include an additional criminal records check. International students please refer to mmu.ac.uk/international. This course requires IELTS of 7.5 in all elements of the test (or an equivalent English Language Proficiency test). Please note this is a requirement that differs from the University standard.
IELTS: 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in any category)
請注意：此成績僅為 The Manchester Metropolitan University.
With such a large student body, there are plenty of different nationalities represented within the universityâ€™s classes. For international students there is help and advice that begins before they arrive I the UK and continues while they are there. This includes specific information by the country for applicants, assistance with immigration and visas paperwork and even help finding accommodation. There is also lots of general help to integrate with the new community and find those with similar interests and culture to themselves. Finally, there is help with English should this not be a first language for students. The Union MMU is at the heart of activities outside the classroom for the universityâ€™s students. It has a building on both the campuses and is available to offer advice and guidance for its members as well as organising the various sports and interest clubs and societies. There are student forums held five times a year for students to voice their opinions on matters that affect them and student groups that have their own representatives as well. Student run media include a radio station, website and print media. The union building in Manchester covers some four floors and includes a bar and nightclub, shops and banking facilities, a student activities centre and advice centre as well as space for those working to run the union.