Legal Practice Course (LPC)Main Site
排名: 54 (The Complete University Guide)
地點: Main Site
學位: PG Diploma
課程長度: 12 months
Manchester Metropolitan University 致力於讓學生了解自己的潛能，激勵學生完成心中的夢想，學校建立於19世紀初，歷史悠久，但同時不失先進氛圍。如果您對這間學校有興趣，歡迎來找我們的顧問聊聊！
Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Practice your legal skills in live situations. And learn the latest theory from academic experts. Manchester Law School gives you the best of both worlds in a supportive university community.Whether it's working through a case study in a group, or learning about professional conduct from a leader in the field, we prepare you for life as a solicitor. We develop your legal knowledge while exploring the commercial side of what it takes to succeed.Real-life practiceYou'll build the skills you need to think and behave as a professional. Interviewing clients, writing letters of advice, preparing legal documents, appearing in court: our interactive course covers it all.You can even volunteer your skills to find out what legal work is really about. Our pro bono projects mean you can practice your craft while helping someone in need or providing support for a business. The School's competitive work placements are another great opportunity to get some more experience.The course follows the requirements of the Solicitors Regulatory Authority so you can practise in England and Wales. Features and Benefits
- Law school community - Our law school is a vibrant learning community with students and staff from all over the world.
- Expert teaching staff - Learn from practising solicitors who know what it takes to succeed.
- Award-winning Faculty: The Law School is based in Manchester, the second largest legal centre in the UK and at the heart of the Northern Circuit of the Bar.
- Top legal facilities: make use of our 24-hour library, legal library, mock courtroom and dedicated careers and employability service.
- Competitive course fees: we also offer an alumni discount if you graduated from our LLB or Graduate Diploma in Law.
- Pro Bono work - You'll have opportunities for voluntary legal work. Careers advisers, tutors, and department events will all help you develop new links to the profession.
- Placement options: we'll help you find work placements related to your specialism.
To enrol on the LPC you will need to satisfy us that you have a qualifying law degree or GDL qualification, or exemptions granted by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 7.0 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
IELTS: 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in any category)
請注意：此成績僅為 The Manchester Metropolitan University.
With such a large student body, there are plenty of different nationalities represented within the universityâ€™s classes. For international students there is help and advice that begins before they arrive I the UK and continues while they are there. This includes specific information by the country for applicants, assistance with immigration and visas paperwork and even help finding accommodation. There is also lots of general help to integrate with the new community and find those with similar interests and culture to themselves. Finally, there is help with English should this not be a first language for students. The Union MMU is at the heart of activities outside the classroom for the universityâ€™s students. It has a building on both the campuses and is available to offer advice and guidance for its members as well as organising the various sports and interest clubs and societies. There are student forums held five times a year for students to voice their opinions on matters that affect them and student groups that have their own representatives as well. Student run media include a radio station, website and print media. The union building in Manchester covers some four floors and includes a bar and nightclub, shops and banking facilities, a student activities centre and advice centre as well as space for those working to run the union.