Top-up LLM in Legal Practice
排名: 57 (UKEAS)
修讀方式 distance learning
課程長度: 12 months
Manchester Metropolitan University 致力於讓學生了解自己的潛能，激勵學生完成心中的夢想，學校建立於19世紀初，歷史悠久，但同時不失先進氛圍。如果您對這間學校有興趣，歡迎來找我們的顧問聊聊！
Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Do you want to specialise in a new area of the law? Are you struggling to progress your career and want a way of boosting your skills and standing out?This LLM in Legal Practice is designed for people like you. We'll help you deepen your knowledge of an area of the law directly related to practice. It's the ideal way to develop detailed knowledge of a new area. It's also an opportunity to delve deeper into your current specialism.Building experienceYou'll learn about research methods. Then apply them in a dissertation or research project. Choose an area of practical law that you're interested in and benefit from the extensive skills and knowledge of our teaching team.Flexible studyThis top-up degree is for those who already hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC or BPTC/BVC).We understand that many of our students on this course are working. That's why you can choose to study part-time or via distance learning, as well as full-time.You don't have to be based in the UK. On the distance learning route You'll have the same support from our dedicated tutors as our full-time students do.Features and Benefits
- Flexible study: choose from the accelerated, part-time or distance learning routes to study in a way that suits you.
- Hong Kong University collaboration: we've been working together for over 20 years to give the course an international perspective. Our tutors also regularly travel to Hong Kong to deliver lectures.
- Legal experts: our team consists of academic specialists and practising professionals. They're leading authorities in areas such as equality law, medical ethics and human rights.
- A legal hub: study in the second largest legal centre in the UK. Manchester is home to well-respected law firms and at the heart of the North Circuit of the Bar.
- Specialist legal facilities:take advantage of the excellent facilities at our Law School, including its legal libraries and study zones and mock court room.
- Study to suit you:remote study fits in around your life. Study from anywhere and access all our resources online, as well as having regular contact with your tutors.
- Professional links: we have close ties to national and international law firms. We work particularly closely with the Northern Circuit and can help you make valuable professional contacts.
- New career prospects: use this course as a stepping stone into a new area of law, or enhance your career options by gaining more in-depth knowledge in your current specialism.
Applicants should possess either a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice following successful completion of the Legal Practice Course or a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the Bar following successful completion of either the Bar Vocational Course or the Bar Professional Training Course or equivalent professional legal qualification. Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 7.0 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
IELTS: 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in any category)
請注意：此成績僅為 The Manchester Metropolitan University.
With such a large student body, there are plenty of different nationalities represented within the universityâ€™s classes. For international students there is help and advice that begins before they arrive I the UK and continues while they are there. This includes specific information by the country for applicants, assistance with immigration and visas paperwork and even help finding accommodation. There is also lots of general help to integrate with the new community and find those with similar interests and culture to themselves. Finally, there is help with English should this not be a first language for students. The Union MMU is at the heart of activities outside the classroom for the universityâ€™s students. It has a building on both the campuses and is available to offer advice and guidance for its members as well as organising the various sports and interest clubs and societies. There are student forums held five times a year for students to voice their opinions on matters that affect them and student groups that have their own representatives as well. Student run media include a radio station, website and print media. The union building in Manchester covers some four floors and includes a bar and nightclub, shops and banking facilities, a student activities centre and advice centre as well as space for those working to run the union.