HistoryCentral area campus
排名: 15 (The Complete University Guide)
地點: Central area campus
學位: Masters by research
課程長度: 12 months
Research interests within History are extremely wide-ranging and include medieval culture, religion, gender, and law; historical theory; early modern witchcraft and the occult; the Italian Renaissance; North America from the colonial era; intellectual history from Machiavelli to Marx; genocide; Nazi and post-war Germany; Russia and the Soviet Union; the Cold War; and political, social, and cultural aspects of the history of China, Japan, Africa, India, Latin America and the Caribbean in the modern era.In particular, we host expertise in:
- Pre-modern and early-modern history: our research interests lie in the social, political, religious and cultural history of Europe: from the fall of Rome to the Renaissance, with particular emphasis on England, France and Italy.
- Modern British and Irish history: we have particular interests in early modern religion, belief and intellectual history (including the Scottish Enlightenment); social, economic and political history; relations between Britain and Ireland; Second World War Studies; and international relations.
- Modern European history: specialisms include 18th-century political and intellectual history; genocide; France; Germany; Russia and the Soviet Union; and Spain.
- American history: our expertise includes revolutionary and early national America; the Civil War; US diplomatic history in the 19th and 20th centuries; politics in the 20th century; African-American history and the civil rights movement.
- Global and Transnational history: we research African history; Caribbean and Latin American history; the history of the British Empire and Commonwealth; modern India, Pakistan, and China and Japan from the early modern period to the contemporary world, and the history of global connections and the movement of people, objects, images and ideas.
Entry requirements for individual programmes vary, so please check the details for the specific programme you wish to apply for on our website. You will also need to meet the University's language requirements.
IELTS: 6.5 (at least 6.0 in each)
請注意：此成績僅為 The University of Edinburgh.
International students arriving in Edinburgh can access various help and assistance to integrate with their new community. This starts at the International Student Centre where advice and assistance is available with fees and finance as well as legal matters such as immigration advice and visas. There is also a number of events organised by the ISC including weekly themed nights representing different countries and subsidized trips around the country. There are also campus wide events such as International Evening and the International Desserts Night to help students bring their own culture to others. The Edinburgh University Students Association (EUSA) is the combination of the unions and the Student Representative Council and has buildings around the campus including Teviot Row House, Potterrow, Kings Buildings House and the Pleasance. Teviot Row House has claims as the oldest purpose built student union building in the world. EUSA is responsible for some 250 societies for students to become involved with outside the classroom. Edinburgh itself is an important centre for the performing arts, particularly comedy, amateur and fringe theatre and numerous groups within the university are involved in this area. The Theatre Company was founded in 1896 and the Drama Society runs Bedlam Theatre, the oldest student run theatre in the UK. There is a weekly newspaper produced by students along with an independent publication and an alternative music radio station. In sports, there are 67 clubs ranging from rugby and football to judo and gliding.