Biotechnology and ManagementUniversity of Glasgow
排名: 19 (The Complete University Guide)
地點: University of Glasgow
課程長度: 12 months
整個城市都是University of Glasgow，不同地方的學生一起融入Glasgow讓你的大學生活不孤單。如果您對這間學校有興趣，歡迎來找我們的顧問聊聊！
Bridging the gap between biology, technology and business management, our programme is taught in collaboration with the Adam Smith Business School. The aim of this programme is help you gain sound understanding of the nature of business based on bioscience knowledge, research and industry and how all are applied to solve real world problems.WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- Top 20 in the UK for Biological Sciences (Complete University Guide 2021).
- Improve your knowledge of modern molecular, biochemical, cell biological and genetic techniques for biotechnological applications.
- Study business management based on bioscience knowledge and research, opportunities for innovation and regulatory requirement constraints, intellectual property and ethical issues.
- Learn to assess the current literature, be encouraged to form opinions based on scientific merit, and implement these ideas in future research planning.
- Be taught by experts in the field of biotechnology who run active, internationally recognised, research groups here at Glasgow.
- Be part of extensive interaction with industry, through site visits, guest lectures and an 'Industrial Networking Symposium' where representatives from the European biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry will discuss their companies and answer your questions on working in the industrial sector.
- Receive hands on experience of diverse biotechnological research skills with a strong laboratory component making up the programme throughout the year.
- Gain valuable training through our flexible, independent, research project for students wishing to proceed to a PhD or into an industrial career. This may also be completed as a business-based project.
- Additional programme components include industrial networking sessions and a dedicated career workshop on progression planning.
A second class honours degree or equivalent in a related subject area, such as: Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology or Biochemistry. Applicants with a degree in other areas may be considered. Professional experience may also be taken into account. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
IELTS: 6.5 (no sub less than 6)
請注意：此成績僅為 The University of Glasgow.
Students travel from around the world to study at the university and its website has country-specific information available. The International Student Support Team is a dedicated advisory service to help students on a range of subjects including immigration, finding employment and dealing with financial matters. For those to whom English isnâ€™t a first language there is also English language courses available through the University Language Centre who also provide language support during the length of study. Student life is organised differently at Glasgow than many universities meaning there isnâ€™t a single student association but rather a number covering different areas. There are two separate studentâ€™s unions, dating from the times when one was for male students and the other for female, called the Glasgow University Union (GUU) and the Queen Margaret Union (QMU). There is also a Students Representative Council that is the legal body representing studentsâ€™ interests in the university and in wider terms. The two unions organise a number of social and cultural groups and events including providing facilities for debating, dining, socialising and meeting rooms. Sports are handled by the Glasgow University Sports Association (GUSA) that operates both sports clubs as well as fitness classes and drop in sessions.