Global HealthUniversity of Glasgow
排名: 19 (The Complete University Guide)
地點: University of Glasgow
課程長度: 12 months
整個城市都是University of Glasgow，不同地方的學生一起融入Glasgow讓你的大學生活不孤單。如果您對這間學校有興趣，歡迎來找我們的顧問聊聊！
A unique opportunity for you to develop a critical understanding of the key issues within health and medicine, health policy and health planning, and of the determinants of health and health inequalities from a social science perspective.WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- The MSc and MRes are both designed to allow you to focus your learning around the global health issues that interest you most, and are fully interdisciplinary in their structure and content.
- You will examine health issues that arise for different population groups and across national boundaries, including the social and cultural constructions of health, chronic illness and disability, and global and national health policies.
- You will make a critical analysis of health and its determinants, and develop a deep understanding of the influence and role of equality/inequality, demographics and location on health.Developing and evaluating interventions icon
- You will study social science research methods, and apply them in the completion of an original piece of research.
- You will be taught by experts from the following world-leading centres based at the University: Institute of Health & Wellbeing, MRC Social & Public Health Sciences Unit, Strathclyde Centre for Disability Research, Centre for the History of Medicine, and Policy Scotland.
- You will become part of a leading centre of applied and policy related research bringing together expertise in health inequalities, health and wellbeing, disability, urban health, health economics and the history of medicine.
- Participate in networking activities, for example, inviting international Global Health professionals to attend a Careers in Global Health event, and a week-long fact-finding trip to Geneva (or other European centre for Global Health organisations).
- Taught by experts from the following world-leading centres based at the University: Institute of Health & Wellbeing, MRC Social & Public Health Sciences Unit, Strathclyde Centre for Disability Research, Centre for the History of Medicine, and Policy Scotland.
- Closely supported to build the skills, experience and networks that will open doors to you in your future career in Global Health.
2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in social sciences, health sciences, medicine, nursing or other clinical subject. We will also consider applications from graduates from other fields, but you should submit a statement indicating why you are interested in changing fields. We will also take relevant work experience into account.
IELTS: 6.5 (no sub less than 6)
請注意：此成績僅為 The University of Glasgow.
Students travel from around the world to study at the university and its website has country-specific information available. The International Student Support Team is a dedicated advisory service to help students on a range of subjects including immigration, finding employment and dealing with financial matters. For those to whom English isnâ€™t a first language there is also English language courses available through the University Language Centre who also provide language support during the length of study. Student life is organised differently at Glasgow than many universities meaning there isnâ€™t a single student association but rather a number covering different areas. There are two separate studentâ€™s unions, dating from the times when one was for male students and the other for female, called the Glasgow University Union (GUU) and the Queen Margaret Union (QMU). There is also a Students Representative Council that is the legal body representing studentsâ€™ interests in the university and in wider terms. The two unions organise a number of social and cultural groups and events including providing facilities for debating, dining, socialising and meeting rooms. Sports are handled by the Glasgow University Sports Association (GUSA) that operates both sports clubs as well as fitness classes and drop in sessions.