Physical and Theoretical ChemistryUniversity of Oxford
排名: 2 (The Complete University Guide)
地點: University of Oxford
課程長度: 36 months
University of Oxford has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
The information provided on this page was correct at the time of publication (November 2020). For complete and up-to-date information about this course, please visit the relevant University of Oxford course page via www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/ucasThis is a research degree leading to the award of a DPhil in Physical and Theoretical Chemistry. Many training opportunities are available throughout the course, including seminar series throughout the Department of Chemistry and the annual Hinshelwood Lectures, but the focus of the course is the research project.The breadth of research interests in the Physical and Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory (PTCL) is a particular strength and is arguably unmatched anywhere else. Particular areas of current research include:
- Theory and modelling of complex systems: Provides a key interface with physics, materials science and biology, with research including: quantum condensed matter theory, chemical reaction dynamics and mechanism, and the electronic and optical properties of macromolecular systems.
- Kinetics, dynamics and mechanism: Research areas include: interfacial kinetics, reaction dynamics, photochemical and radical processes, computation of reaction pathways, atmospheric chemistry and modelling.
- Chemistry at the interface with biology and medicine: Cutting-edge work includes research into: single molecule sensing, protein chemistry, molecular imaging.
- Advanced functional materials and interfaces: Key areas are: molecular nanotechnology & nanolubrication (opening up new opportunities in the molecular- scale engineering of electronic, optoelectronic and photonic devices), quantum theory of strongly correlated materials, complex reaction pathways.
- Innovative measurement and photon science: Current research areas include: electrochemistry, reaction dynamics, imaging, interface measurements, magnetic resonance, sensors and instrumentation.
For complete and up-to-date information about this course, please visit the relevant University of Oxford course page via www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/ucas
IELTS: 5.5 (UKVI IELTS 5.5)
請注意：此成績僅為 The University of Oxford.
Some 140 countries have attendees at Oxford and some 60% of the total student body is from outside the UK. There are various programs available for international students to help with orientation and integrating with life in Oxford as well as to help with legal matters such as immigration and visas. They can also help with practical matters such as dealing with finances and accessing health care with the National Health Service (NHS). Student life is filled with many traditions as befits a university of Oxford's age. One of these are the balls, held by the colleges with a formal dress code as well as smaller events regularly during the year. The Oxford University Student Union or OUSU, represents students and is their voice in debate about the university as well as organising student life organisations. There are a large number of sports available outside the classroom and many of these are of a high standard. The Boat Race is a famous example of a rowing race with nearby Cambridge University that is watched by up to 10 million TV viewers each year. There are also student newspapers and a radio station as well as performing arts groups. There are also student societies open to students who aren't studying the subject to learn something new and different.