PGCE Primary Education QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)Main Site
排名: 200 (TCUG)
地點: Main Site
課程長度: 12 months
University College Birmingham 雖然是一個小學校，但是也因此以了個人情溫暖的校園，，但是也因此以了個人情溫暖的校園，提供遍佈全英國的實習機會。如果您對這間學校有興趣，歡迎來找我們的顧問聊聊！
University College Birmingham has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Course snapshotTeaching is so much more than just a job - for many it's a calling, a burning desire to make a difference. On University College Birmingham's PGCE Primary QTS course, you'll gain the professional theory and knowledge you need to teach and excel in a modern primary school setting, as well as invaluable hands-on experience in the classroom. Accredited by the University of Birmingham - one of the world's leading academic institutions - our course carries Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and will help you inspire the next generation to lead well-informed lives and go on to have fulfilling careers of their own.Who's the course for? Our course is for anyone with a minimum 2:2 in any BA/BSc (Hons) degree who is interested in teaching primary age children from pre-school to year 6 (ages 3-11), be it in a mainstream school or one for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). You will also need to have experience of working with children either through placements or paid/voluntary work in schools.Why should I study the course?
- WORK PLACEMENTS: Boost your career prospects with real-world experience working in primary or early years settings, as well as a two-week SEND school placement
- SPECIALISE YOUR STUDIES: Choose which age group you want to teach, as well as studying key themes including behaviour management, SEND and children who use English as an additional language (EAL)
- EXPERT TUITION: Enjoy intellectually stimulating content and get high quality support from our expert lecturers with a wealth of knowledge and experience
- Ages 3-7 - Foundation Stage (pre-school) and Key Stage 1 (years 1-2), with two school placements in either nursery or reception, year 1 or year 2.
- Ages 5-11 - Key Stage 1 (years 1-2) and Key Stage 2 (years 3-6), with school placements in years 1-6.
**Applicants will be considered if they expect to acquire the necessary qualifications before the start of the training programme.** **Degree** You will need a degree classification of 2:2 or above in a discipline of Early Childhood Studies, Childhood Studies, Education Studies, Psychology, Sociology, English, Mathematics, Dance, Drama, Performing Arts, Sports or similar. **Level 2** Additionally, you will also need GCSE at grade C/4 or above in: - English Language - Mathematics - Science* *The following Level 2 Science qualifications are acceptable: - GCSE Single Award in Chemistry, Biology or Physics - GCSE Science Double Award - BTEC Level 2 in Science with a Pass profile **Department for Education** Pass the literacy and numeracy professional skills tests. **Work Experience** You will also need to have experience of working with children through placements, voluntary or paid work in schools. **Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)** Students must also complete a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) before starting this course. UCB will co-ordinate and fund the completion of the DBS check. **International qualifications** International qualifications are also accepted - they must be recognised by NARIC as equivalent and meet the requirement for The National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) for Initial Teacher Training. In some cases, English Language may not be accepted from the country of origin. If you are unsure whether your qualifications are suitable please contact admissions by email at [email protected] or call 0121 232 2265.